Conny Walther (b1931 – d?).
Conny started off at Saxbo Pottery 1948-1949, but left after a year and studied the Arts and Crafts School in Copenhagen 1949-1951 where she graduated as a ceramicist.
She then worked at Kahler Ceramics in Naestved 1951-1952, before opening her own studio in Birkerod, north of Copenhagen with her husband, Artist Bent Stubbe Teglbjerg – who sometimes decorated her works. In her later years she worked as a painter.
Her early work consisted of high fired earthenware, simply decorated with thick glossy glazes, before moving on to high fired stoneware with ash glazes (askeglasurer).
In the 1960s and 70s she experimented freely with stoneware sculptures composed of burned, unglazed, part geometric, part organic shapes of porcelain clay, often which with heavily textured surfaces.