Arne Bang 1901 -1983
Originally trained as an artist (Kunstakadamiet; Copenhagen), especially noted for his sculptural works. He apprenticed as a glaze technician at Royal Copenhagen 1920s, where he met Carl Halier. He assisted Halier at his studio (Triangle Studio) from 1927-1930 along with Axel Salto and Bode Willumsen. In 1930 he established the stoneware studio at Holmegaard Glassworks, which was then run by his brother Jacob Bang. In 1935, he took over the stoneware studio and ran it under his own name until the late 1950s.
Arne Bang also produced numerous public works and commissions most notably the Fladsa-Trold outside the town hall in Naestved, and exhibited at international expositions, including the Paris World Exhibition 1925( gold medal awarded) and 1937.